Sustainable Bolivia has numerous volunteer and internship opportunities. Volunteers can help support our work in independent research, education and youth development, environmental education, conservation, healthcare, community tourism, eco-tourism, art and more.
If you’re interested to know more about this experience from our volunteers’ perspective you can find them here: testimonials.
All of our placements match individual skills and interests with local needs to provide the most rewarding and beneficial experience, should it be with us directly or with a local partner organization.
Placement is determined by applicant interest, as well as time commitment, language ability, and previous experience. We encourage all interested individuals to review our volunteer/internship opportunities, paying special attention to the minimum requirements. We have opportunities in:
- Independent Research: studying the biodiversity of the Aquicuana Reserve at our Amazonian Research Station. We also support independent researchers and studies on conservation.
- Education and Youth Development: to work with children and young adults from disadvantaged backgrounds in orphanages or daycare centers at Riberalta. In addition, we support environmental education projects with local communities near the Aquicuana Reserve.
- Ecotourism and Conservation: to help the development of a community-based ecotourism project and assist our conservation work.
- NGO Support: to help us with communication, marketing, research, or grant writing and gain experience in international cooperation and development.
- Art Residency: we promote art projects while fostering intercultural exchange between international and local people.
Together, we’ll work to find the most rewarding experience, while ensuring that our volunteers and interns make a sustainable impact in the community.
As part of the Sustainable Bolivia community, volunteers/interns have transport from airport upon arrival, WiFi access, orientation, and staff support.
Volunteers can stay in our communal home in the city of Riberalta, or with a carefully-selected family. All volunteers/interns have a discount if they decide to participate in Pisatahua, a medicinal plant based retreat. Also they are welcome to visit and walk the trails of the Aquicuana Reserve.
We ask all volunteers to apply through our webpage. Let us know what you are passionate about and send your cv so we can arrange a meeting!