Sustainable Bolivia's Mission & Purpose
Sustainable Bolivia’s mission is to enact sustainable development and environmental conservation in the Bolivian Amazon by supporting and partnering with community-led initiatives.
SB uses a comprehensive approach to environmental conservation poverty alleviation in the Bolivian Amazon. We do this through a three-pronged approach:
1) Community ecotourism initiatives to enable local residents to be stewards of the land and its biodiversity;
2) Conservation, reforestation and resource-management projects;
3) Environmental education and research.
We also place volunteers in mutually rewarding and impactful placements with local NGOs in the nearby city of Riberalta.
- Oversee the protection, reforestation and expansion of the Aquicuana Reserve
- Provide local communities a financial incentive for environmental protection
- Provide communities inside the reserve access to basic services such as clean water, electricity and medical supplies.
- Contribute to the development of Bolivia’s international tourism industry in a socially, fiscally and environmentally sustainable manner
- Promote language revitalization for the native languages: Cavineño, Chacobo and Ese Eja.
- Help protect the cultural and biological diversity of Bolivia.
- Further global awareness of Bolivia
- Provide practical experience for a new generation of social and environmental advocates.
- Provide a space for cross cultural dialog and understanding
SB is a non-profit organization, with limited support by public or private funds… that’s why every donation counts!