Sustainable Bolivia is looking for volunteers interested in supporting ecotourism projects in the Bolivian Amazon, around the city of Riberalta. Working alongside the municipal government and local communities, Sustainable Bolivia helped establish a new 20,000+ hectare reserve in the Bolivian Amazon in 2016, the Aquicuana Reserve.
This area of remarkable beauty and unsurpassed biologically diversity is now protected from agriculture expansion, ranching, logging, mining and natural resource extraction. Sustainable Bolivia, helps manage the reserve, ensuring that deforestation and degradation of lakes and rivers are alleviated.
To support conservation efforts and provide a sustainable income, SB is working alongside the local government and two communities inside the reserve to promote local ecotourism projects. Proposed initiatives include guided nature hikes, plant medicine, canoe rides, bird watching and fishing.
Responsabilities may include:
- Promoting the Reserve through social media
- Looking for online platforms to promote the Reserve
- Contact local tourism actors to promote the Reserve
- Creating content: blogging, photography, videos, promotional materials
- Answer to potential querries
- Translation/guide-services inside the reserve
- Participate to the Fundraising efforts
- Assisting in reforestation efforts
- Minimum commitment of 1 month
- Basic Spanish
- Experience or education background in tourism an advantage
- Open-minded, flexible, patient and proactive